Where to start.....Well, I found out I was pregnant in September. I had thought for a couple of weeks that maybe I was pregnant, but I am not the most *cough* regular *cough* kind of gal, if you know what I mean, so I didn't know for sure. I was pretty sure I was pregnant when my little nephew Eli was blessed. We were sitting in church and listening to the blessing of little E, and after Ben turned to me and just smiled. I didn't think anything of it, until the next day. He said he knew at that moment that I was pregnant. WHAT?! Pretty sure he should have told me! I had to wait the whole next day to wait and go CRAZY while he was working. I accomplished nothing. I went to my sisters house and just helped her clean her house. When Ben came home, he came rushing up the stairs and said let's find out! I took the test and it said YES! I couldn't believe it! I had to take a picture because I used the digital test, and my sister told me the "yes" goes away by the next day.
I took a couple of tests just to make sure....
Now the REAL journey began! I was about 5 weeks pregnant when I took the tests. At about 6 weeks my sense of smell and gag reflex went into hyperdrive! Everything made me nauseous! The smell of opening our fridge, any kind of smell of food, peoples breath, even my own breath! I swear the second Ben came home from work, I could smell him from upstairs. I didn't throw up, just was nauseous all day! This nausea lasted, well I am still pretty nauseous at 25 weeks, but I have had the miracle of all miracle drugs through it all!
ZOLFRAN :)
For about 7 weeks, I pretty much lived on popsicles, Triscuits, and apples that my sweet husband would cut up for me every morning before work! :)

My first trimester I lost 11 lbs! I attribute some of that to the FOOD POISONING I got right before one of our visits! LAME-O!! Everything seems worse and is magnified when I am pregnant.
I remember growing up and even more recently hearing so many women say how "wonderful" pregnancy is.....REALLY?! I felt like I had a parasite the first 12 weeks! Then, things started to get on the up and up. I was able to take a shower and go run some errands. Though I avoided the supermarket as much as I could, WAAAAY too many gross smells! Especially the meat/seafood smell of the stores! GROSS!
At about 20ish weeks, I started to feel something inside me fluttering? I had a million different women try to explain what this was going to feel like and it was nothing like I imagined. I didn't really start to feel him kick until about 22-23 weeks! I found out that my placenta is on the top of my uterus and would be a little longer to feel the munchkin. I now realize that I felt him much sooner than 20 weeks...but I didn't feel him in my tummy. I felt him on my bladder and my colon, YES my colon! He has nestled his little self right into my back and colon area. PLEASANT.
I have an app on my phone that gives me tips and lets me know week by week what is going on with little munchkin. Every few weeks or so, it says to take a side shot of yourself prego, so you can remember what you looked like. So, I did it. Here a couple I have taken...

10 weeks

15 weeks
18 weeks
25 weeks
I have no idea why two of the pics are tiny.....
Yummy Food
1. Pizza-I found out early on that I cannot eat pizza. I have not had it since October! I woke up during the middle of the night with the worst heartburn and nausea I could have ever imagined. That was my end to pizza.....well, I had ONE piece at my sisters house about a month later, and same thing happened.
2. White bread-Grandmas white bread is the best thing ever! Every time I eat any white bread or rolls I get heartburn.
3. Meat-Chicken has not been the same since I got pregnant. I sliced into a piece of chicken and there was a huge purple vein...EWWWW!!! And the taste of meat without sauce or anything is just too much.
Great things
I have had not the best pregnancy, but I am so blessed to just be pregnant with little munchkin. It is an amazing feeling to wake up to little punches and kicks inside you. :) It has brought a new dimension to my marriage; a good one! Ben had done so much for me just since I have been pregnant. He always gets my breakfast bowl ready for me and puts my prenatals in the bowl with a spoon. He came home from work for almost the whole first trimester and made dinner after a long day at work. He drives differently. If someone is driving too close, or swerves a bit, he freaks out and says, "I have a pregnant wife here!" HAHA
Here are a couple more pics of munchkin from recent visits:





Happy Friday! :)
Love the update my dear! You and Ben will be great parents. I have never met Ben but I know and love your guts so if you trust and love him, so do I! Pizza was my killer too. Oh, and white bread has enriched white flour. That can bother people. It did me. HEARTBURN! Whole wheat is the way to go for sure if you are having a rough time with anything white. I am oober excited for you. I'd run to your house and squish you but....I live in Vernal...and I don't know where your house is. Soo......
ReplyDeleteMandy you are the cutest pregnant gril ever!! Words can not express how excited i am for you and ben! we love you guys so much and miss you tons we need to hang out soon!
ReplyDelete